Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Favorite Things

Hilarious, that is what these boys are!  My favorite sayings are:

“Two minutes” or “Five minutes.” That is the boys response when they are not ready to go, or want to watch some more tv, or stay and play with a particular toy and not ready to switch or share.  They understand that five minutes is more than two, and more than one.  They started with just the “two minutes” – which of course I find myself telling them ALL the time, so I have no wonder where they got it from! 

They think they are ghosts.  They will cover themselves with anything and yell “boo!”  One of my favorite stories is from dinner one night with Nonnie & Papa Pickles, and he took his napkin – from his lap mind you – and put it over his face and said boo repeatedly, and when he did not get the response he was looking for, he tore it down and said “me a ghost.”  Well, we all about peed our pants at that comment.  Last night, Daddy got home and we were all in our bed getting our pj’s on, and the boys did not hear Matthew arrive, so he took a spare sheet out of our closet, put it over him and came out like a big ol’ ghost.  Well, the boys gave the biggest, loudest belly laugh I have ever heard from them.  It was priceless! 

Augustus trying to sing “The Itsy-bitsy Spider.”  He comes out with some strange, very low voice and pretty much gets the words, but throws in so many other noises, and words that are really not in the song.  He gets to the part where the sun comes out and dries up the rain and then starts singing “sun, sun, Mr. golden sun” and all sorts of other little ditties. 

I love to hear them fall asleep.  It can be a bit aggravating when you know they are so tired and they are still up talking, but the talking they do at bedtime is priceless. It is the same when they wake up.  I am so happy that I have twins, who are built in buddies, and overall, just happy chappies. 

 

I love that they continue to be masters of direction.  They know where we are, which direction we need to head when we are going to familiar haunts, and they can look at a map and tell you all about it.  They love to inspect the maps of Busch Gardens and really understand maps.  It is particularly amazing to me since I am directionally challenged. 

 

Augustus is getting ridiculously tall; Raleigh seems to be keeping his own as well.  Raleigh seriously has some “spider legs” as my mom calls them.  They are both hovering abut 29/28 pounds and are just under 38 inches. I think Raleigh is losing his curls. It is getting harder to manage, just like Augustus’ started to before he really started to look like Einstein. hopefully he can hang on to them a bit longer…it is nice to have such differences in looks between the boys. I think they are treated more like individuals this way. 

 

I know there is so much I am missing out on posting, I must get better at writing my ideas down between postings!  Basically it comes down to how awesome these boys are and how much fun we are having at this point in their lives.  I know soon they will be off to school and I will miss all the little things I am getting to enjoy right now…in the middle of the not listening spells, running amok and basic craziness of our days.

We’ve been super busy with our friends.  We hosted a  play date in the park making handprint crafts for Grandparents Day. 

final product! twinks in a tube (2)

We’ve headed to Busch Gardens – shocker, I know!

tigers (2) train line

Time for a bubble bath and relaxation.

bath time

We’ve been driving steam rollers – yes that is the boys actually on a real-live steam roller in our ‘hood, dancing, eating cookies, and walking with friends.

We’ve headed back to Busch with more friends in order to give Daddy more time to study. We are ALL ready for some cooler weather…we are so done with the sweaty clothes, face, and overall nastiness.

gus looking too cute in the hippo rals in the hippo (2)hippo - love gus' face! me and the boys petting gator  airplane - bite incident

This MoMa even got to enjoy almost a whole day to herself.  Wow!  Well, not really by myself, but with my good friend Miss Jennifer.  We caught up at a local beach and enjoyed some drinks and laughs.  Then, I got home in time to enjoy a dinner out with the boys and my parents; which of course, included ice cream!

DSCF7434 DSCF7438 DSCF7468

Great view of the sky!DSCF7469

The boys pretending to be ET!DSCF7473

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Boys' First Month!

da best ever place Pictures, Images and Photos