Monday, October 26, 2009

What We've Been Up To

I feel a little lagging, and it really has been just over one week since I blogged. The boys officially turned 19 months yesterday. I know we all say it all the time, but time really does fly. Almost too quickly!!! These little pumpkin faces are growing up so fast. Here is a snapshot of their last Halloween. It is crazy to see how much they have grown since their first birthday, but looking back at a year ago, it is really surreal!!!


We have been busy as usual, and will likely get busier as November begins. We have family coming to visit and a big move in store. So, what have we been up to? Well, we have had our first trip to Chuck E. Cheese - mass chaos for sure, but still fun to catch up with friends.
Raleigh starting saying "boom" after this trip, as in, boom, boom, whack that mole. Augustus said "po po" as in police too. However, it really came out more like "bo bo." That night the boys were so wired I know I heard Gus saying bo bo in his crib. One of my friends put it best with her comment, "what the hell are the 'po po' doing in his crib?" They also say "boo" for Halloween, but I think "trick or treat" will be too much of a stretch this year. Augustus said "Dora" or his interpretation for it last night as well. Augustus seems really into talking now - pretty much ever since that trip to the cardiologist, and it is funny to hear his full conversations...in which we only understand a few words, but heck, I am impressed with his attempts and cannot wait to fully comprehend all of what they both are saying!

We have been to the zoo with Raleigh's first kiss and her brother. We'll be back again this week, and again next week...hmm, there is a theme here!
We've been to a few parks, some on our own, some with friends...we still feel awful about our friend Ms. M's trip to the park with us. She had very bad luck in her car, and we are even sadder that the bad experience will mean she won't go back with us:( Luckily no one was hurt except her mini-van!
We went to a green Halloween event in Hyde Park; which, honestly I was disappointed in. Not very green, and definitely not enough to do for the little ones...plus it was advertised as taking place in a park, but ended up being in a shopping area. I was overly hopeful and did not take the stroller, and my boys are just too curious to be out with me in a shopping area full of vendors, snakes, birds, balloons, plant life, etc. I was a wreck by the end of the event, but luckily Matthew was home when we got back and I was able to sneak off for a coffee break, read the paper and went to the grocery store on my own - what a wild Friday night;)








This weekend we were so busy tidying things up and preparing for November. It is lucky for us that Nonnie and Pickles were willing to spend lots of time with the boys. Soon the Aussie grandies will be here to spoil them and give them lots of cuddles!!!
This week we are heading back to the zoo. We also have a Halloween party planned on Saturday, but I really hope we get some cooler weather again soon. I vaguely remember the cool weather we had for maybe two days...ah, Mother Nature, playing mean tricks on us with a snippet of coolness, before it was back to humidity and warm days. If it stays hot, the boys will be in costumes for a few pictures and that is all:( I remember growing up and having to wear snow boots with some of my costumes...



Here - Raleigh is sitting on a swan planter, no it is not mine, or the grandies, just a random neighbor...this kid thinks he should ride everything...oye!

Run, Nonnie, Run!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they have changed a ton in 1 year. Still adorable as ever!! Glad you are all doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 19mth old skeletons :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

The Boys' First Month!

da best ever place Pictures, Images and Photos